[Firm] Small written interview for This is not a Monad Tutorial series

Federico Carrone federico.carrone at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 06:00:05 CEST 2015

Hello Matthias and libfirm devs,

I am interviewing different programming language and operating system
creators, about the reasons why they have created the language/operating
system, how they did it, what design choices they have faced, how it
compares to other languages/operating systems, etc. I am working on an
interview about LFE (Lisp Flavored Erlang, created by one of the Erlang
creators), Pyret (a funny language created by Racket creators) and about
MirageOS (Unikernel that runs in Xen that you develop with OCaml).

The last two interviews I have done:
*Eric Merritt, Erlang and distributed systems expert, gives his views on
BEAM languages, Hindley–Milner type systems and new technologies (15k views
in one day)*
https://medium.com/this-is-not-a-monad-tutorial/eric-merritt-erlang-and-distributed-systems-expert-gives-his-views-on-beam-languages-hindley-a09b15f53a2f

*Harvey, an operating system with Plan 9's shadow (5k views)*
https://medium.com/this-is-not-a-monad-tutorial/harvey-an-operating-system-with-plan-9-s-shadow-3081414e5f0b

I am interested in interviewing you about libfirm, cparser, how you created
them, the design choices you made while implementing it, llvm comparison,
etc.

To sum up: Let me know if you are interested in answering a small
interview! I would love to do it and I think it MIGHT be useful to share
even more the great work you have being doing.

Regards,
Federico.