[Networkit] Reading graph segfaults

Henning Meyerhenke meyerhenke at kit.edu
Fri Apr 18 17:49:29 CEST 2014

Dear Lars,

Thanks for your request. The reason for the error is the input graph's
slight, yet important deviation from the input format requirements. The
Metis format requires graphs to be 1-indexed, i.e. vertex indices start
with 1, not 0.

The unfulfilled assertion happens when an edge with index 0 occurs. Then
NetworKit's range check fails.

Could you please change your data set according to the format and try again?

Thanks,
Henning

Am 18.04.14 15:03, schrieb Lars Beckmann:
> Hi,
>
> we are trying to use NetworKit to compute centrality measures, but
> NetworKit segfaults when we try to read the graph. We are using a clean
> VM with Ubuntu 13.10
> (http://virtualboximages.com/Ubuntu+13.10+amd64+VirtualBox+VDI+Virtual+Appliance)
> where we installed the prerequisites mentioned in the NetworKit readme.
> We successfully built NetworKit on the VM, but when we try to read our
> graph using: G = graphio.METISGraphReader().read("xxx.graph") NetworKit
> segfaults. We have built NetworKit without debug flags, but we can do
> so, if that is important for the devs to help us out.
>
> You can find the graph in question here:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7vRIovbLojkSHpTUy1hR3dFRHM/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Lars
>
> --
> Lars Beckmann
>
> Uhlenstraße 10
> 33098 Paderborn
> Germany
>
> Cell (D2): +49 (0) 178 59 69 150
> Phone: +49 (0) 89 380 123 90
> Fax: +49 (0) 180 102 113 4628

Juniorprof. Dr. Henning Meyerhenke

Web: http://parco.iti.kit.edu/henningm/

KIT - University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and
National Research Center of the Helmholtz Association