[Networkit] Refactoring clustering coefficients

Patrick Flick patrick.flick at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 21:46:12 CEST 2014

Hi all,

currently NetworKit has two different implementations for the local
clustering coefficients:

1) src/cpp/ClusteringCoefficients.cpp
2) src/cpp/GraphProperties.cpp

Both implementations were incorrect if there are self loops in the graph.
I just submitted a pull request, fixing implementation 1 (imo the better of
the two implementations).

However, the GTest tests only test implementation 2.
I propose the following refactoring change to rid the duplicate
implementation:
Use implementation 1 and call implementation 1 from the function in 2
(delegate 2 to call 1).
This will result in no API changes, and enable testing the faster
implementation of 1.

If there are no objections, I will perform these changes and submit another
pull request.

Cheers,
Patrick