[Networkit] Refactoring clustering coefficients

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Thu Aug 21 15:14:58 CEST 2014

Am 20.08.2014 um 21:46 schrieb Patrick Flick <patrick.flick at gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> currently NetworKit has two different implementations for the local clustering coefficients:
>
> 1) src/cpp/ClusteringCoefficients.cpp
> 2) src/cpp/GraphProperties.cpp
>
> Both implementations were incorrect if there are self loops in the graph.
> I just submitted a pull request, fixing implementation 1 (imo the better of the two implementations).
>
> However, the GTest tests only test implementation 2.
> I propose the following refactoring change to rid the duplicate implementation:
> Use implementation 1 and call implementation 1 from the function in 2 (delegate 2 to call 1).
> This will result in no API changes, and enable testing the faster implementation of 1.
>
> If there are no objections, I will perform these changes and submit another pull request.

GraphProperties is a class from the early days of NetworKit. I think it’s better to have distinct classes for separate analytics now, so I recommend removing the function from GraphProperties.

I also gave you write access to the main repository, so you can push the changes directly.

Best regards,
Christian