[Networkit] Use of NetworKit in a Torque / PBS scheduling environment

Steve Koch stevekochscience at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 23:00:19 CET 2014

I'm wondering if there are examples or tutorials for using NewtorKit on a
cluster that uses a Torque / PBS scheduling environment? I am new to
NetworKit and am helping a user (who is new to both NetworKit and HPC)
potentially use the platform within our University's HPC center. I can see
from the examples how to use the parallelized code using ipython on a
multicore machine. However, I'm not sure whether the admins at the HPC
center will allow installation / use of ipython. I'm wondering if there are
any examples out there where people are using NetworKit and launching jobs
on a cluster using a PBS script?

Apologies if my question isn't too clear. I don't have a lot of experience
w/ intrinsically parallel code. I am slightly familiar with quantum
chemistry and molecular dynamics codes that are run from a bash command
within the PBS script with a line like:

mpirun -np $ncores -machinefile $PBS_NODEFILE ParallelCode.x

Thank you for any help!

--Steve Koch
University of New Mexico