[Networkit] Cython type issue

Hamann, Michael (ITI) michael.hamann at kit.edu
Tue Jul 22 16:12:06 CEST 2014

Hi,

trying to implement a parameter that is a set of nodes, I noticed that
apparently there are some problems with the automatic conversion of the
node type to Python when it is used inside containers. I found in the
code/history that apparently Christian had the same problem with the
ChungLu Generator in February 2014 (commit message: workaround for
cython type issue, comment in the code: TODO: revert to count when
cython issue fixed).

My question is: what exactly is this type issue, is there an official
bug report or is this even already fixed in the development version of
Cython?

Furthermore I would suggest to use "unsigned long" instead of "unsigned
int", at least for type promotion (but not compilation?!) uint64_t is a
typedef of "unsigned long". I guess on systems with 32 bit this is still
not the same. On 64 bit systems at least it even works to use "unsigned
long" just in Python and to use the correct type in C++.

Michael