[Networkit] Gephi Support
uocvf at student.kit.edu
Fri Jun 6 10:04:08 CEST 2014
Dear developers and users,
a new Python module has been added in the Dev branch. The module "gephi"
provides methods so Gephi can be used with data calculated by NetworKit.
In the following workflow, the method "gephi.exportNodeValues()" will be
utilized to color the nodes in a Gephi project according to the
NetworKit community detection.
In : g = readGraph("path/to/desired.graph")
In : communities = community.detectCommunities(g)
# exportNodeValues(values, fpath, column_name) expects 3 parameters:
* values: the object containing the node values (can be a python list
or a Partition object)
* fpath: file to be written to
* column_name: name of the column/description of the data
In : writeGraph(g,"/path/to/file/pgp.dot.txt","dot")
# To ensure that the node IDs of the graph file and the data file match,
it is recommended to write the graph to a file from NetworKit aswell.
Currently, this should be done in the GraphViz/DOT file format.
1. Read the previously exported graph in a new project.
2. Go to the "Data Laboratory"
3. There, use the "Import Spreadsheet" button and specify the data file.
1. Under Import Settings you can specify the data type for the
values. (This might be important for floating point values, e.g.
4. Return to the "Overview". On the left side under the panel
"Partition" below "Nodes" you should press the green Arrows to
update the data. Gephi now suggest colors for the community data, so
you only need to press "Apply".
If you are experienced with Gephi, have some suggestions (e.g. to make
this process easier) or if you encounter any issues, feel free to
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the NetworKit