[Networkit] Problem computing ApproxBetweeness

Kevin Tierney kevin.tierney at uni-paderborn.de
Tue May 6 14:57:15 CEST 2014

Dear NetworKit Gurus,

We are trying to use the approximate betweenness function and notice an
odd thing happening on small graphs. I have attached a graph where calling:

NetworKit.centrality.ApproxBetweenness(G)

seems to never finish. At least the CPU time required seems to be way
more than should be for such a small graph.

You might say "Why would you compute approxbetweenness for such a small
graph?" -- the reason is this was just mixed in with a bunch of larger
graphs where betweenness would take too long.

Do you have any ideas on what is happening?

By the way, could this perhaps be related to the sample size of 42 in
the .cpp file for approxbetweenness? We aren't getting any issues on
large graphs; in fact they are being solved relatively quickly.

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,

Kevin

--