[Networkit] NetworKit 3.2: call for participation and release date

Florian Weber uagws at student.kit.edu
Tue May 27 16:58:53 CEST 2014

On 27.05.2014 16:39, Christian Staudt wrote:
> Developers, please give notice of any features you would like to add for the
> next release. Also, users are welcome to contribute suggestions. Thank you.

Hi,

I cannot make any promises, but in case I find time until then
(relatively likely), I have prepared another fast-number-parser that
might be a good replacement for what is currently used in the fast
METIS-reader. The interface still needs some small tweaks, but I believe
that this won't take much time at this point. I'll post more information
here once I finished it (sneak-preview: integer-parsing is about twice
as fast in release mode than the myStrtoul which is currently used and
it works on arbitrary input-ranges).

Other then that: I've seen some abuse of asserts for things that don't
test code-correctness, like this:

std::ifstream stream{"filename"};
assert(stream.is_open());

I'll try to find some time to add an enforce()-function(-template) that
does what was actually desired here and maybe start replacing some of
the wrong uses.

Regards,
Florian

Ein Dateianhang mit Bin�rdaten wurde abgetrennt...
Dateiname   : signature.asc
Dateityp    : application/pgp-signature
Dateigr��e  : 901 bytes
Beschreibung: OpenPGP digital signature