[Networkit] Exporting subgraph to a file

Michael Hamann michael.hamann at kit.edu
Tue Nov 18 11:22:16 CET 2014

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 18. November 2014, 11:16:06 schrieb Christian Staudt:
> as pointed out by user Israa, our subgraph extraction code
> (NetworKit::Subgraph) is not powerful enough. There must be a way to
> preserve the original node ids, e.g. by providing a map from old to new
> ids. Does anyone have a good idea on how to redesign the Subgraph class?

actually we need the opposite, NetworKit::Subgraph currently preserves all
node ids and we need a way to assign new node ids (with that map from old to
new ids).

The feature that's actually missing is proper export support for graphs where
some node ids are missing as not all of our output formats support this and
there is still code in NetworKit that cannot cope with missing node ids. At
least we should be able to detect when a graph cannot be exported into a
certain graph format.

But I think at least some export formats should work already, for example I
cannot see any reason why GML export shouldn't work.

@Israa: in which graph format do you want to export?

Michael