[Networkit] Exporting subgraph to a file

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Tue Nov 18 11:56:17 CET 2014

Am 18.11.2014 um 11:22 schrieb Michael Hamann <michael.hamann at kit.edu>:

> actually we need the opposite, NetworKit::Subgraph currently preserves all
> node ids and we need a way to assign new node ids (with that map from old to
> new ids).

Right, in an earlier version of the class the ids were not preserved. Anyway, I’m not happy with the class, we should come up with something better. The current way wastes a lot of memory for small subgraphs of large graphs.

> The feature that's actually missing is proper export support for graphs where
> some node ids are missing as not all of our output formats support this and
> there is still code in NetworKit that cannot cope with missing node ids. At
> least we should be able to detect when a graph cannot be exported into a
> certain graph format.
>
> But I think at least some export formats should work already, for example I
> cannot see any reason why GML export shouldn't work.
>
> @Israa: in which graph format do you want to export?

As far as I know this problem exists only for the METIS format. I would assume that GML and GraphML work fine with deleted nodes. Can you confirm this, Israa?