[Networkit] pip installation failures

Florian Weber uagws at student.kit.edu
Mon Oct 20 10:27:48 CEST 2014

Hi,

> In the first case, compilation works at first but goes off the rails
> when compiling the Cython-generated source:

The command-line for the failing compile-attempt is the following one:

g++-4.9 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv
-O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -arch i386 -arch x86_64 -g
-I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/include/python3.4m
-c networkit/_NetworKit.cpp -o
build/temp.macosx-10.6-intel-3.4/networkit/_NetworKit.o -fopenmp
-std=c++11 -O3 -DNOGTEST

I notice the `-arch i386 -arch x86_64`.

My initial theory was that GCC first tried to create code for x64 and
then treated it as x86, but what threw me of even more is the following:

$ g++ -arch x86_64 main.cpp
g++: error: x86_64: No such file or directory
g++: error: unrecognized command line option '-arch'

I think that this is a smoking gun and the investigation should focus on
what created those compiler-flags and whether it works without them.

Regards,
Florian

Dateiname   : signature.asc
Dateityp    : application/pgp-signature