[Networkit] Unittests in Python

Maximilian Vogel maximilian.vogel at student.kit.edu
Fri Sep 19 08:48:58 CEST 2014

On 18.09.2014 12:24, Christian Staudt wrote:

> Am 18.09.2014 um 11:17 schrieb Maximilian Vogel
> <maximilian.vogel at student.kit.edu
> <mailto:maximilian.vogel at student.kit.edu>>:
>
>> Feel free to trypython setup.py testand to post any suggestions (e.g.
>> for console output (verbosity) or command line options to make
>> thetestcommandmore flexible/convenient).
>>
>> python setup.py nosetestswould work aswell if nose is installed, but
>> currently I don't see the benefits of nose.
>

> Is there a way to only run the Python unit tests?
Not yet and that's where everyone's opinion is important to me. How
should the default behavior be like? Which options should be available
via command line.
Is it convenient to only run the Python unit tests with python setup.py
test and add an option like --with-cpp-teststo compile and run the C++
unit tests as well?

On 18.09.2014 11:47, Christian Staudt wrote:
> Visually, test results could be better separated from compiler output
> (and possibly colored?).
It is definitely possible with packages like redgreentestrunner, trials
and others. I will try to make it work without external packages.