[Networkit] ttmath fails to compile on Ubuntu

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Wed Feb 18 14:37:12 CET 2015

Thanks, that’s a temporary fix for my purposes.

I don’t understand the issue with -fPIC in general. According to this answer [1], -fPIC makes the code "suitable for inclusion in a library”, which is what we need, right? At the same time, it seems to lead to compiler failure on 32 bit platforms in combination with the inline assembly code of ttmath. And after removing -fPIC (= no position independent code then?) everything still works - why?

Any ideas?

Chris

[1]: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5311515/gcc-fpic-option