[Networkit] O(1) edge access

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Wed Jan 14 14:30:41 CET 2015

Am 13.01.2015 um 12:00 schrieb Marvin Ritter <marvin.ritter at gmail.com>:

> I would prefer to have several benchmarks for the Graph class first (incl. all important algorithms), before starting to make more performance "improvements". C++ not always works as you would think and you never know which optimisations a compilers does and dosen't.

I agree with this empirical approach, because it is hard to reason about performance.

We’ve talked briefly about an easy to use performance benchmark - any progress here? I suggest building on my benchmark code (NetworKit/benchmark), thereby running the benchmarks through IPython Notebook with graphical representation of the results.