[Networkit] Declaration of Graph as final

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Thu Jul 2 08:41:25 CEST 2015

Hello Peter,

On 02 Jul 2015, at 08:20, Florian Weber <uagws at student.kit.edu> wrote:

> Basically: Even if Graph wouldn't be final, inheriting from it would
> probably be a very bad idea. I am not the person to decide this, but if
> I were, I'd demand at least a much more thorough reasoning of what you
> are trying to accomplish here, before considering changes.

I agree with Florian’s explanation and objections. Without major changes to Graph, inheriting from it is not useful. It may turn out that a CliqueGraph subclass is not necessary after all. To decide that, could you please let us know:

- What are the benefits you hope to get from subclassing Graph as CliqueGraph?
- What are the drawbacks of simply using Graph to store your clique graph? Are any of them unacceptable?