[Networkit] NetworKit 3.5 released

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Tue Jun 9 17:39:14 CEST 2015

Dear NetworKit users,

we have released NetworKit 3.5 today. Please upgrade to the latest version to receive a number of improvements. We also appreciate feedback on the new release.

Best regards,
Chris

christian.staudt at kit.edu
http://parco.iti.kit.edu/staudt/index-en.shtml
Institute of Theoretical Informatics - Parallel Computing Group
Building 50.34 Room 034
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)

NetworKit 3.5 Release Notes

This release focused on bugfixes, under-the-hood improvements and refactoring.

various bugfixes and stability improvements
abort signal handling: developed mechanism to interrupt long-running algorithms via the ctrl+C command -- already supported in community.PLM, centrality.Betweennness, centrality.ApproxBetweenness, centrality.ApproxBetweenness2, centrality.PageRank
 efficient node and edge iteration on the Python layer: G.forEdges, G.forNodes...
 constant-time check if a graph has self-loops: Graph.hasSelfLoops()
networkit.setSeed: set a fixed seed for the random number generator
refactoring: CoreDecomposition and LocalClusteringCoefficient now in centrality module
refactoring: introduced Python/Cython base classes: Centrality, CommunityDetector
removed: CNM community detection algorithm
The GIL (Global Interpreter Lock) is released for many algorithms in order to make it possible to execute multiple computations in parallel in a single Python process.
improved support for directed graphs in many algorithms