[Networkit] Link Prediction

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Sun Jun 14 11:56:20 CEST 2015

Hi NetworKit developers,

I have merged the link prediction code by Kolja Esders into the Dev branch. It provides a new module “linkprediction”.

A demo of the new module can be found in
	Doc/Notebooks/Link Prediction.ipynb

Please take a bit of time to test and review the changes.

Kolja did some refactoring and removed the folder
	networkit/cpp/distmeasures
because many link prediction methods are actually distance or similarity measures. I consider this refactoring incomplete. We need a proper architecture for node distance and node similarity measures, because they can be used in many different contexts, only one of which is link prediction. We didn’t really have one before, so we’ll go with Kolja’s take on this for now. If you have ideas on this, please share them.