[Networkit] Code Austerity: community.EPP dropped

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Fri Jun 26 10:26:15 CEST 2015

Dear all,
the code austerity program continues:

While algorithm engineering requires implementation of different alternatives for comparison, I think it is important to keep the releases focused so that they contain (in general) only those algorithms that have been found to perform best. This reduces the maintenance work required, and more importantly, shows that the package is not merely a collection but a careful selection of algorithms.

Therefore, 3.5 is the last version to distribute my community.EPP algorithm, which was experimental and whose performance is clearly dominated by community.PLM and community.PLP.

For scientific reproducibility and further experiments, all previous versions are of course easily available. We will make a note on the website, accompanying the publication.