[Networkit] setup.py compiler detection cleanup

Jonas H. jonas at lophus.org
Tue Nov 3 18:54:02 CET 2015

Hi there,

please find attached a patch that cleans up the compiler detection in setup.py and adds support for GCC 5.

On a personal note, I think it’s not very nice to restrict the compilers available to people trying to install NetworKit in this way. My suggestion is to simply assume `g++` to work, maybe keep the “sample.cpp” check, add a note about the supported compilers to the documentation and respect the $CXX environment variable (or some `pip` option).

Btw, the ‘hg clone …’ link on the Home page is broken.

Jonas