[Networkit] setup.py compiler detection cleanup

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Wed Nov 4 22:34:44 CET 2015

By the way: Are we ready for the “new” (almost a year old) C++14?

Today was the first time I wanted a feature from the C++14 standard: The [[deprecated]] attribute, which allows me to give outdated code a warning before I have to kill it.

I installed GCC 4.9 and switched the c++11 flags in the setup code to c++14. Works well for me, see the latest commit: https://algohub.iti.kit.edu/parco/NetworKit/NetworKit/changeset/ba32d6aabdf5230e5b66acb209e6de63284385f6

Any reasons why we shouldn’t upgrade? Reasons please, not “But I like my GCC 4.6”. The evolution of C++ is already very slow and careful.

Chris