[Networkit] student projects

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Fri Nov 6 17:01:36 CET 2015

Hi all,
at KIT we frequently have students working on the code base for their projects. For those who supervise such student projects, please remind your students to join the email list and discuss design decisions when they plan to write code. It is my impression that students tend to be a bit too focused on their advisor, thereby missing out on the support an entire community could provide them.

I hope that culture-wise we are not doing too much to discourage anyone from posting (i.e. by being rocket scientists and giving the impression that you have to be one to comment). We’re certainly aiming for a flat hierarchy and welcome any feedback.