[Networkit] simple questions about networKIT

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Thu Oct 1 18:28:42 CEST 2015

Hi Stephen,

> I’m impressed with the features and performance of your software.

Thanks. Community feedback helps to make it better.

> How are the the .dgs files read in an ipython script?

I hope the following example is self-explanatory:

In [1]: from networkit import *

In [5]: stream = dynamic.DGSStreamParser("input/example.dgs").getStream()

In [6]: stream
Out[6]:
[an(0),
 an(1),
 ae(0,1,1),
 st,
 ce(0,1),
 de(0,1),
 dn(0),
 dn(1),
 an(2),
 an(3),
 ae(2,3,5),
 an(4),
 ae(4,2,2)]

In [11]: G = Graph(weighted=True)

In [12]: gu = dynamic.GraphUpdater(G)

In [13]: gu.update(stream)

In [14]: G.size()
Out[14]: (3, 2)

> How are weighted edgelist files defined and used?

The second question I am passing on to fellow developer Max.