[Networkit] CoreDecomposition and self-loops

Henning Meyerhenke henning.meyerhenke at kit.edu
Sat Oct 3 10:47:24 CEST 2015

Hello,

Core decomposition is supposed to measure the quantity _and_ quality of
connections (to other nodes), right? Self-loops do not contribute to
this in my opinion. Is there a reason to account for them? I do not have
access to the literature right now, how do others handle self-loops in
this context?

My recommendation would be to delete self-loops driven by a
user-specified flag (yes/no, default = yes??). Or to simply ignore them
during the course of the algorithm if possible. Arie, would you be
willing to do this if we do not hear other opinions?