[Networkit] matching algorithms and data structure

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Wed Oct 28 17:49:55 CET 2015

Hi developers,
a) What’s the status of the matching algorithms (LocalMaxMatcher, PathGrowingMatcher) - are they working? They look old by now, should be refactored.
b) There is a data structure called Matching (matching/Matching.h) which I created in the very early days. I am not sure it is still necessary. It offers some convenience methods, but every non-standard container data structure creates work in other places. One idea would be to replace it with or make it a subclass of Partition. Every matching is a partition of the node set, right? That would also make a class like coarsening/MatchingContracter obsolete.