[Networkit] matching algorithms and data structure

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Sat Oct 31 16:17:42 CET 2015

On 28 Oct 2015, at 14:25, Henning Meyerhenke <henning.meyerhenke at kit.edu> wrote:

> However, and that is probably what you mean, both could be implemented in a similar way. Still, subclassing is not the way to go here. Would we gain something by using a Partition to implement a Matching? Probably not due to some subtle differences that would need code for special cases.

I thought that since the underlying data structure is the same things could be simplified this way. However, it is true that a matching is not always a special case of a partition, which counts against subclassing. I am working with the Matching class for now - which probably contains several bugs, more on this later.