[Networkit] Request for comments: How to read attributes in graph files?

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Tue Sep 1 15:28:45 CEST 2015

Hi developers,
some graph file formats allow attributes on nodes and/or edges, such as GraphML and GML. Attached is one example file. As far as I see, parsing attributes has been neglected in our GraphReader classes, but if you think about it, why bother with all these network analysis methods if you cannot easily connect the results to attributes? So we should definitely improve this.

One basic idea would be to add a method like this to the readers that support attributes:
	GraphReader.getAttribute(key) : list[string]

Any other ideas?

Best regards,