[Networkit] spanning forest algorithms

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Wed Apr 6 13:46:35 CEST 2016

Does anyone feel responsible for maintaining the various spanning tree algorithms we have in NetworKit? I’ve had trouble making sense of this: On the Python level, some algorithms are pythonized, others are not. There is a class hierarchy on the C++ level but it is not mapped to the Python level. There is a class RandomMaximumSpanningForest that says "Computes a random maximum-weight spanning forest using Kruskal's algorithm by randomizing the order of edges of the same weight.”, and then there is KruskalMSF, only in C++. In SpanningForest::generate() there is a note that says "please fixme!” but it doesn’t say what is to be fixed.