[Networkit] Taking my leave

Raphael C drraph at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 12:41:44 CEST 2016

> I think it would be a good idea, addition to algohub, to host copies of the repository on BitBucket and/or GitHub and see whether this attracts more community participation. (According to our licensing, anybody is free to do this anyway).
>
> I believe GitHub only supports git, unfortunately, so a switch from Mercurial to git would be another issue to discuss. I believe there are also git-hg interfaces. Opinions?

I looked this up and I believe this situation is sufficiently common
now that there are
fairly simple options.

- You can convert the mercurial repository to git fairly easily and
then use git from there on. See e.g.
https://help.github.com/articles/importing-from-other-version-control-systems-to-github/

This is probably the most sensible move in the end.

- You can convert the mercurial repository to git and carry on using
mercurial with github via an interface. E.g.
http://hg-git.github.io/

Raphael