[Networkit] NetworKit Sprint

Elisabetta Bergamini elisabetta.bergamini at kit.edu
Fri Dec 2 15:34:21 CET 2016

Hi everyone,

Matteo, thank you for your e-mail and for bringing this up.
In my opinion, the “pseudo-optimization” is not necessary: it’s not really faster and when using it we lose RK's theoretical guarantee. If one doesn’t need a guarantee, then it would probably make more sense to use ApproxBetweenness2 (algorithm by Geisberger et al.), which doesn’t have any theoretical guarantee but seems to give a good estimation even with a few samples. By the way, the names ApproxBetweenness and ApproxBetweenness2 are not very meaningful. How about we call them BetweennessApproximation and BetweennessEstimation, respectively?

If nobody has anything against that, I would suggest to just remove the pseudo-optimization and use the “pedantic” computation all the time.

Best,

Elisabetta

Elisabetta Bergamini

Web: http://parco.iti.kit.edu/bergamini

KIT - The Research University in the Helmholtz Association