[Networkit] All pairs shortest path

Henning Meyerhenke henning.meyerhenke at kit.edu
Thu Dec 15 22:17:16 CET 2016

Am 14.12.16 um 20:00 schrieb Christian Staudt:

> * ...being a bit of a collection of solutions in search of problems.
> My favorite example is an algorithm for layouting a complex network
> with millions of edges in 2D - just think about it. :) Can you come
> up with an example of how to use this to solve a real problem?

Exactly, think about it... a bit longer and harder! Then open your
perspective without being judgemental; a certain algorithmic method may
be transferable to related problems. In the case you might refer to,
graph drawing has been successfully applied to solving 3D
molecular distance geometry problems, something very important in
bioinformatics and biophysics. Sometimes it may need an intermediate
step that looks awkward to the outsider first.