[Networkit] Plans of including min-cost flow algorithms?

Lukas Barth lukas.barth at kit.edu
Mon Dec 19 14:39:13 CET 2016

Hi everyone,

I find myself (for the second time now) in the situation that I'm
looking for a Python framework that offers to compute min-cost flows on
graphs. Now I would love to use our "in-house Python toolkit"; however,
there are no flow algorithms in NetworKit (and thus I will probably
again turn to networkx).

My question is: Is NetworKit lacking these algorithms (and many others)
because you intentionally decided that NetworKit should be a network
analysis only framework and thus not include "general graph algorithms",
or is it just because no one bothered to implement them yet? In other
words: If I started to cook up a pull request containing a min-cost flow
algorithm, would it stand a chance of being merged?

Regards,

Lukas