[Networkit] Problem with profiling tree network

Felix Muench felix.muench at qut.edu.au
Mon Dec 26 17:57:35 CET 2016

G’day,

I’ve got a contagion network, i.e. a combinations of a lot of tree structures, which I wanted to profile with networkit (4.2, on Ubuntu, in Jupyter notebook). But I get a division by zero error as soon as the profile preset is not 'minimal'. The network does not have any triads, as it is a tree. Is this the problem? If so, it should handle the exception gracefully and just skip the measures that rely on triads. If not, any ideas what’s my problem?

Thanks for the tool anyway!

# In[39]:

brexit_graph = readGraph("../data/adopted_10k.graphml", Format.GraphML)

# In[50]:

brexit_graph.removeSelfLoops()
brexit_graph_undirected = brexit_graph.toUndirected()

# In[56]:

profiling.Profile.setVerbose(True, level=0)
profiling.Profile.getVerbose()

# In[59]:

brexit_profile = profiling.Profile.create(brexit_graph_undirected, preset="complete")

# Out[59]:
Diameter: 0.02 s

EffectiveDiameter: EffectiveDiameter raised exception
Connected Components: 0.00 s

Centrality.Degree: 0.02 s
    Sort: 0.00 s
    Rank: 0.01 s
    Assortativity: 0.00 s
    Centralization: 0.00 s
Centrality.CoreDecomposition: 0.00 s
    Sort: 0.00 s
    Rank: 0.01 s
    Assortativity: 0.00 s
    Centralization: 0.00 s
Centrality.ClusteringCoefficient: 0.00 s
    Sort: 0.00 s
    Rank: 0.01 s
    Assortativity: 0.00 s
    Centralization: 0.00 s
Centrality.PageRank: 0.08 s
    Sort: 0.00 s
    Rank: 0.02 s
    Assortativity: 0.00 s
    Centralization: 0.00 s
Centrality.Katz: 0.01 s
    Sort: 0.00 s
    Rank: 0.01 s
    Assortativity: 0.00 s
    Centralization: Centrality.centralization not properly defined for Centrality.Katz. 0.00 s
Centrality.Betweenness: 0.01 s
    Sort: 0.00 s
    Rank: 0.01 s
    Assortativity: 0.00 s
    Centralization: Centrality.centralization not properly defined for Centrality.Betweenness. 0.00 s
Centrality.Closeness: 0.02 s
    Sort: 0.00 s
    Rank:

ZeroDivisionError                         Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-59-41e4df014ebe> in <module>()
----> 1 brexit_profile = profiling.Profile.create(brexit_graph_undirected, preset="complete")

/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/envs/brexit/lib/python3.5/site-packages/networkit/profiling/profiling.py in create(cls, G, preset, config)
    292                         timerAll = stopwatch.Timer()
    293                 result.__loadProperties()
--> 294                 result.__loadMeasures()
    295                 if cls.__verbose:
    296                         if cls.__verboseLevel < 1:

/home/ubuntu/anaconda3/envs/brexit/lib/python3.5/site-packages/networkit/profiling/profiling.py in __loadMeasures(self)
    816                         self.verbosePrint("    Rank: ", end="")
    817                         timerPostRank = stopwatch.Timer()
--> 818                         measure["data"]["ranked"] = stat.ranked(measure["data"]["sample"])
    819                         elapsedPostRank = timerPostRank.elapsed
    820                         self.verbosePrint("{:.2F} s".format(elapsedPostRank))

networkit/_NetworKit.pyx in _NetworKit.ranked (networkit/_NetworKit.cpp:77694)()

ZeroDivisionError: float division

Cheers,

Felix

P.S.: Is it too early to raise issues on GitHub, because I found it hard to find a way to do it on your Algohub?