[Networkit] Retiring the User Guide

Henning Meyerhenke henning.meyerhenke at kit.edu
Tue Feb 16 16:56:48 CET 2016

Christian,

Outdated documentation is indeed a problem. There should be something
easy to get users started, though. I don't think that module
documentation alone does that job for most people -- at least not in its
current form.

Moreover, the new profiling module is hardly explaining what the user
sees and how to interpret these statistics -- in that respect the old
user guide was better and its properties.overview(G) feature was
self-explanatory.

Thus, please make sure that (i) there is a single entry point in form of
a notebook for a new user ("user guide" would indeed still be an
appropriate name for that), which can then refer to special-purpose
notebooks and that (ii) the profiling mechanism sees more explanation.

Michael Wegner can assist you with both, he will soon work on the
documentation and the website anyway.

Thanks,
Henning