[Networkit] Performance Comparison of Different Graph Libraries

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Mon Feb 29 21:18:11 CET 2016

I just discovered that Michele Borassi has blogged a performance comparison of different “graph libraries”:

http://borassisagemath.blogspot.de/2015/06/performance-comparison-of-different.html

I wouldn’t call NetworKit a “graph library” but the results look pretty good:

"Overall, the results show that NetworKit is the fastest library, or one of the fastest, in all routines that are implemented (apart from the generation of preferential attachment graphs, where it is very slow).”

The last part was certainly true. Coincidentally I realized this last week and therefore asked Max to implement the much faster but also simple algorithm by Batagelj and Brandes [1], which he did successfully.

Best,
C.

[1]: https://kops.uni-konstanz.de/bitstream/handle/123456789/5799/random.pdf?sequence=1