[Networkit] Exposing C++ Code to Python

Dominik Kiefer ufdsn at student.kit.edu
Wed Jan 20 16:36:51 CET 2016

Hey,

I have a few questions. Hope somebody can help me with the following:

I have a Class written and tested, I added code in the
networkit/_NetworKit.pyx file, ran pip3 install -e . and it compiles.
When starting (i)python I can not see the added class. What am I missing
here?

Some additional information:

- When adding errors to the .pyx file it does not compile

- I used reference classes to write my code, with similar functionality
but different names
- I used reference classes that are visable (and working), though not
strictly follwoing the "developers guide"

- I am working in a fork "networkit-kiefer", could that cause problems?

- using ubuntu 14.04, other notebooks do work

(un)install networkit

What does the following mean?

    $ sudo pip3 install networkit
    Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): networkit
    in /home/dwx/NetworKit-kiefer
    Cleaning up...

    $ sudo pip3 uninstall networkit
    Can't uninstall 'networkit'. No files were found to uninstall.

Thank you,
Dominik