[Networkit] Refactoring Diameter to the standard interface

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Fri Jan 29 12:04:41 CET 2016

As far as I remember, the current exact diameter algorithm is fast enough for all typical inputs, right? Getting a lower and upper bound was important when we did not yet have a good algorithm like that, and is now somewhat obsolete, I think.

Doesn’t work for me either:

In [4]: distance.Diameter(G, distance.DiameterAlgo.Exact).run().getDistance()
AttributeError                            Traceback (most recent call last)
<ipython-input-4-4fedc44e4eed> in <module>()
----> 1 distance.Diameter(G, distance.DiameterAlgo.Exact).run().getDistance()

AttributeError: '_NetworKit.Diameter' object has no attribute 'getDistance'

This works, but the result looks weird:

In [5]: distance.Diameter(G, distance.DiameterAlgo.Exact).run().getDiameter()
Out[5]: (9, 0)

Anyway, Diameter(G).run().get... should also just work and yield one number as a result. Let us know if you were able to figure out what went wrong.