[Networkit] Release 4.1 - feedback request

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Mon Jun 27 12:34:29 CEST 2016

So:
- do a fresh clone
- package as usual

?

I can do this later. Please double check that this solves the issue (how can I do it on my side?), every time we upload to PyPI we create a new version number.

> On 27 Jun 2016, at 12:30, Moritz von Looz <moritz.looz-corswarem at kit.edu> wrote:
>

> Building the python package in a fresh repository creates a tar-Archive with correct capitalization, so the issue probably stems from lingering old directories in the repository used for the build. I don't have the
> accesses to submit the updated package to pypi, but it looks like it should work.
>
> Am 25.06.2016 um 23:47 schrieb Moritz v. Looz:
>> I looked in the package on pypi, there it is always uppercase, which Linux
>> doesn't consider to be equivalent. I'm not sufficiently familiar with the
>> packaging process to say why it happens. Maybe building the package in a freshly
>> cloned repository would help?
>>
>> Am 24.06.2016 um 11:43 schrieb Christian Staudt:
>>> …. and Mac OS doesn’t seem to care, while Linux does. I assume this is the
>>> package information you refer to, from networkit.egg-info/SOURCES.txt:
>>>
>>> networkit/cpp/generators/Quadtree/QuadNode.h
>>> networkit/cpp/generators/Quadtree/Quadtree.h
>>> networkit/cpp/generators/quadtree/QuadNode.h
>>> networkit/cpp/generators/quadtree/QuadNodeCartesianEuclid.h
>>> networkit/cpp/generators/quadtree/QuadNodePolarEuclid.h
>>> networkit/cpp/generators/quadtree/Quadtree.h
>>> networkit/cpp/generators/quadtree/QuadtreeCartesianEuclid.h