[Networkit] Bachelor-Project about generic semiring operators

Thomas Schmidt thomas.3.schmidt at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Jun 28 16:42:03 CEST 2016

> Hi,
> I am no expert, but wouldn't it be better to keep the API for SSSP as
> it is and instead create a class GenericSSSP (with templates), of
> which SSSP then would be an instance?  Or maybe there is a way of
> default instantiation for templates, but I could not find anything
> (only
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15373823/template-default-arguments,
> which says otherwise)
> Best,
> Peter

Yes, you're right. In the lecture notes[1] where we got most of our
information from, the problem is called Algebraic Path Problem, so I
would propose APP as the new class name, and then just let SSSP be
mapped to APP<double>. If think this can be done via aliases:

    using SSSP = APP<double>;

Thomas

[1] Baras & Theodorakopoulos (2010): Path Problems in Networks, Morgan &
Claypool Publishers, http://dx.doi.org/10.2200/S00245ED1V01Y201001CNT003