[Networkit] struggle with install from source Windows

Karim Kouki kookstrash at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 17:11:41 CEST 2017

Hello,

I am currently working as an intern for a 6 month internship in a french
company.

For community detection purposes (sorry I can't be too specific) I am
interrested in NetworKit. To meet the constraints set by my supervisors, I
need to get NetworKit up and running with Windows and Visual Studio
2015/2017 as cimpiler.

After a few days struggle I managed to compile the Networkit.dll help with
my supervisor. But now I am stuck with the Python Integration.

Can someone help me bypass the setup.py install to conduct a successful
install with the .dll? Or maybe can someone tell me what modifications
could be done to change the setup.py in order to make it work?

I thought I could call Visual Studio from setup.py but it seems a little
complicated and I can't find the corresponding tutorial on the web. Now it
compiled maybe it is a little odd to process this way. I envisioned that I
could just use the Cython _Networkit.pyx and (which has references to the
.cpp files) with visual studio to make it.

What do you think?

Sincerly yours,
Karim