[Networkit] struggle with install from source Windows

Meyerhenke, Henning (ITI) meyerhenke at kit.edu
Thu Apr 27 13:10:47 CEST 2017

Dear Karim,

(I copy the mailing list to give other people a chance to contribute
and/or learn from the issues.)

In general, text files are rather slow in terms of I/O (binary formats
would be much faster). However, in network analysis, most people use
text files, so that is why most I/O formats NetworKit supports are based
on text files.

An edge list is probably one of the slowest formats. One thing you could
try is to load your graphs once and write them back in some other format.

The running time of the algorithm alone should be negligible.

Best regards,
Henning