[Networkit] [ACTION REQ.] GitHub Migration

Kolja Esders kolja.esders at student.kit.edu
Wed Jan 4 08:42:20 CET 2017

Max,

thank you very much for your input.

I very much agree with you about the size of the repository and the
resulting loading times. As you pointed out, this is especially annoying
when you have to clone the repository or forks on a regular basis (which
probably few users do though).
The migration is a good chance to remove unneeded files. Just need to
discuss during the next developer meeting the details.
After the migration we can take a closer look at the loading times during
cloning. Maybe the new infrastructure is already helpful. Also in case we
are transitioning to a development process that is more branch-based this
might no longer be a major issue.

Travis is something we def. have on our roadmap. After ensuring a smooth
migration to GitHub and some urgent documentation improvements this makes
sense for sure.

The points you mentioned will hopefully all be discussed during the next
developer meeting.

Best
Kolja