[Networkit] NK as a shared lib?

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Thu Jul 13 16:12:31 CEST 2017

> On 13. Jul 2017, at 14:38, Matteo Riondato <matteo at cs.brown.edu <mailto:matteo at cs.brown.edu>> wrote:
>
> I also don’t think NK should keep relying on scons.
> Rather the effort should be to move to "something better" (TM).
> I like my bikeshed blue, so I say CMake ;) )

A green shed would be clearly superior, so check this out: http://mesonbuild.com/ <http://mesonbuild.com/>  I have just heard about Meson, but I already like their philosophy: "The main design point of Meson is that every second a developer spends writing or debugging build definitions is a second wasted.” And they even have an introductory talk titled “Making build systems not suck”: http://mesonbuild.com/Videos.html <http://mesonbuild.com/Videos.html>

Best regards from EuroPython 2017