[Networkit] Distributed graph analysis in NetworKit

Henning Meyerhenke henning.meyerhenke at kit.edu
Sat Jul 22 07:32:13 CEST 2017

Dear Ivan,

Thank you for raising this issue. This aspect has been, of course, in my
mind for some time. So far, there is no funding for this (nor did we
apply). Thus, do not expect a distributed backend any time soon.

If there are, however, numerous serious requests in this regard, we
would have very good arguments towards funding agencies...

On the other hand, for us there is rarely the need to go beyond shared
memory. Machines with 1TB RAM are fairly cheap these days and you can
fit a lot into 1TB (approx. 40G edges). This is sufficient for many
applications -- but certainly not for all.

If you want to discuss your application in more detail, this could be
helpful for assessment. If you don't want to do that on the public
mailing list, feel free to send to my personal email address.