[Networkit] Distributed graph analysis in NetworKit

Christian Staudt christian.staudt at kit.edu
Sat Jul 22 11:45:17 CEST 2017

Hi Ivan,
get more RAM. If that doesn’t help: Have you considered the many existing solutions for distributed graph processing? We had a paper on this a while ago [1], and surely there have been developments since then.

@all: Should there ever be plans to write a new distributed graph computing backend, my hope is that there will be a careful discussion about whether adding that to NetworKit is a case of scope creep. [2][3]

Best regards
Chris

[1]: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/289117288_An_Empirical_Comparison_of_Big_Graph_Frameworks_in_the_Context_of_Network_Analysis
[2]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmJ59yyYza4