[Networkit] networkit algorithms on multiple computing nodes or multiple computers

Henning Meyerhenke henning.meyerhenke at kit.edu
Wed Nov 15 14:20:01 CET 2017

Dear Francesco,

So far, NetworKit is designed for shared-memory systems. Dealing with
multiple compute nodes is far more involved in terms of programming
and/or getting high performance. Plus, for many applications it should
not be necessary to scale out of shared memory (mem is cheap...) -- it
is the best way to go unless your data is really too big.

There are some plans to scale beyond, but do not expect them to become
reality any time soon. They depend on demand, funding, resources, and
real need of applications -- a very tricky combination.