[palladio-dev] Request of Help with Palladio

Giovanni Paolo Gibilisco gibbo87 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 12:55:23 CEST 2012

Hi to all developers,
I'm Giovanni Gibilisco, a student of Politecnico di Milano working with my
colleague Marco Miglierina on our master thesis, our goal is to expand
Palladio by developing an Addon in order to build and analize evolvable
software. The addon fundamentally should run the analysis offered by
Palladio and modify some parameters in the software in order to achieve
certain goals, the idea is to keep the model of the software and all the
analysis of it alive at runtime to perform adaptation.
Right now we are tring to do the checkout of Palladio in order to see how
to develop the addon. We followed the guide in:
http://sdqweb.ipd.kit.edu/wiki/PCM_Development/Getting_Started but we
encoutered some errors with the .psf file while checking out the code.
Looking at the errors we found that some packages were moved within the svn
from their original locations and are not available. We modified the file
in order to retreive the missing packages using the structure of the svn in
https://svnserver.informatik.kit.edu/i43/svn/code/Palladio/ and did the
checkout again but there are still many compilation errors in most of the
projects imported by eclipse (mostly due to missing dependencies within the
various plugins).
We would like to know if there is a "clean" way to checkout a working
version of the code.
Thanks for your attention.
Giovanni
Marco