[palladio-dev] Palladio Version Numbers

Benjamin Klatt klatt at fzi.de
Mon Jun 18 08:22:48 CEST 2012

Dear All,

According to our last ConCall where we discussed the topic of version numbers.
There is an article in the "Free Software Project Management Howto" about how to choose your version numbers:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-Proj-Mgmt-HOWTO/starting.html#CHOOSEVERSIONING

A good example project that makes use of it is the Typo3 content management system:
http://typo3.org/teams/core-development-team/resources/release-workflow/
The table below summarizes the concept:
[cid:image001.png at 01CD4D2A.F9D4A400]

I would recommend to use this as a starting point to develop such a concept for Palladio. By this, everyone would know which changes to expect with a new version.

Any feedback is welcome!
Cheers
Benjamin

Dipl.-Inform. Benjamin Klatt
Software Engineering (SE)
Tel.: +49-721-9654-690
Fax: +49-721-9654-691
E-Mail: klatt at fzi.de
Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Stiftung Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe
Vorstand: Dipl. Wi.-Ing. Michael Flor, Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Reussner,
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Dr. h.c. Wolffried Stucky, Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Rudi Studer