[palladio-dev] Problem with population of components

Jörg Henß henss at kit.edu
Mon Aug 25 09:34:56 CEST 2014

Hi,

it also would be really helpful to know why you want to model 1000 components and environments:
If you want to do some kind of load balancing you would need to integrate additional logic to do that in your generated model.

If you are interested in the time spent for a single component and the accumulated service times, it could be suitable to do some appropriate abstraction:
E.g. have one component C representing a single instance and another representing the other 999 ones.
This can introduce some inaccuracies but in many cases they can be neglected...

In any case, you should avoid introducing too much computational complexity and validate your modeled system early with measurements.

best regards
Joerg