[palladio-dev] State of the MDSD Profiles and stereotypable PCM

Sebastian Lehrig sebastian.lehrig at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Apr 6 18:18:59 CEST 2017

Hi Emre,

In addition to what Steffen wrote: the Wiki was actually updated, see: https://sdqweb.ipd.kit.edu/wiki/MDSDProfiles

Cheers,
Sebastian

On 6 Apr 2017, at 08:20, Steffen Becker <steffen.becker at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de<mailto:steffen.becker at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>> wrote:

Dear Emre,

we have made extensive use of the Stereotypes in Sebastian's AT approach. You can find all of this in the Palldio tree and Sirius editors. So, this might be a good source of inspiration. Its all in the Palladio release.

before I flood the dev-list with several questions, I wanted to ask if
anyone uses MDSD Profiles at the moment in an invasive way for own
metamodels or have used it in recent time?
We have used it and evolved it into a non-invasive approach.

Furthermore, does anyone know why in the nightly PCM the Entity is not
inheriting from StereotypableElement anymore (as it is stated in the Wiki)?
As said before, it is non-evasive now. The elements do not need to be aware of their stereotypes. You can - in principle - annotate any EObject as long as the stereotype declares that the target EObject has a type which is stereotypable. You should have a look at the API, it is rather small and available for Java and QVTo.

Best wishes,
Steffen

Thanks!

Best regards,

Emre

Dipl.-Inform. Emre Taspolatoglu
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter / Researcher

Software Engineering (SE)

FZI Forschungszentrum Informatik

Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10–14

76131 Karlsruhe, Germany

Tel.: +49 721 9654-618

Fax: +49 721 9654-619

taspolat at fzi.de<mailto:taspolat at fzi.de> <mailto:taspolat at fzi.de>

www.fzi.de<http://www.fzi.de/> <http://www.fzi.de/>

FZI Forschungszentrum Informatik am Karlsruher Institut für Technologie

Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts

Stiftung Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe

Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Andreas Oberweis, Prof. Dr. Ralf Reussner,

Jan Wiesenberger, Prof. Dr.-Ing. J. Marius Zöllner

Universität Stuttgart - Institut für Softwaretechnologie
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Steffen Becker - Reliable Software Systems
Tel +49 711 685 88273
http://www.iste.uni-stuttgart.de/rss.html